The Baltic Exchange is seeking an experienced Container Business and Development Manager at its central London offices on St Mary Axe.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing the Freightos Baltic Container Indices (FBX) and related products, in addition to ensuring that it is recognised as a premium container freight index in the market. The ability to engage with key players in the physical container market is a fundamental requirement for this role and therefore having a comprehensive network of contacts within the container market will be a significant advantage.
The successful applicant will work to identify new opportunities for the FBX, new users of the indices and deliver a successful marketing plan to secure new business in the container market.
Applications would be welcome from candidates who meet the following essential requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the maritime industry, and, in particular, of the container market and the key players within it.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience at a mid/senior level of new product development, and marketing with a proven track record in sales.
- Credibility to interface and collaborate with senior management and stakeholders.
- Excellent contacts in the container market and proven social and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak and present effectively at high profile market events.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to create and present compelling sales propositions.
- Knowledge of the FFA/derivatives market would also be an advantage.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the above criteria you are invited to send your application to Sharon O’Ryan.