Taking place in Singapore, this half-day course is for bunker buyers, traders and suppliers wishing to understand how IMO 2020 may affect the hedging of bunker fuel prices as the ‘old’ contract disappear and ‘new’ ones emerge. Attendees will learn best practices in bunker fuel price risk management, using new low sulphur fuel oil contracts and gasoil contracts as well as basis risk between ports and how to manage regional discrepancies.
Bunker risk management essentials:
– The economics of a bunker hedge in a COA and for bunkers on redelivery
– Classic signs of when to hedge and when to float on the spot market
– Tried and tested hedging strategies – practical examples
– How IMO 2020 changes bunker hedging, and why
Hedging bunker price exposure with new contracts:
– Term structure and oil market dynamics
– The new low sulphur fuel oil contracts, market mechanics post 2020
– Low sulphur marine gasoil contracts
– Basis risk and regional price differentials, best practice hedging
– New hedging strategies – practical examples
– Execution,clearing, collateral and cash management
The course is charged at USD 600 / SGD 800, with discounts for multiple bookings available on request.
To find out more, or to book, click here.