This year’s joint Company Cup & BEGS Autumn meeting will be held on Tuesday 5 September, at The Shire London G.C. in Barnet. The Shire is a Seve Ballesteros designed course (the only one he did in the U.K.).
The day is open to any golfer as a team (for the Company Cup) or any BEGS golfer on their own to play in the Autumn meeting (singles will be paired together). Full handicap applies and for those with no official handicap there will be a max limit of 30 stableford points for the afternoon 18 holes.
The Company Cup format is pretty simple and has a few minor rules:
- Two man (or persons!) teams, competing in four balls over one round on the Seve Ballesteros Master’s course.
- Stableford scoring system, with the combined score counting to each two person team.
- Each team does NOT have to consist of employees from the same company, clients/visitors are welcomed.
- Teams can be two Principals from same company or different offices, or a Principal + broker or two brokers etc.
- There is no limit on the number of teams any one company wishes to enter, the more the merrier.
- There will be prizes for nearest the pin, longest drive in the rough and longest drive on the fairway.
- Hoping to get a sponsor for a hole in one competition with a Mini as the prize.
- Official handicap certificates are not required, but anyone playing off 20 or higher that does not have an official club handicap cannot score more than 30 points.
- This event can contribute as one of the sport’s for the overall David Bradley Cup winner.
Anyone interested in registering for the Company Cup, please contact me on the details below, it will be a first come first served basis.
The course is closest to Luton airport (under 30 minutes) for anyone interested in taking part from abroad, Stansted is about 40 mins and Heathrow is about one hour away. Looking forward to seeing you all, this is a great opportunity to meet new contacts and network.
Format (all times are approximate & subject to change)
08:30 – Arrival time, bacon roll & coffee
09:15 – Tee off for morning 9 holes (front 9)
12:45 – Sit down lunch
14:00 – Tee off for 18 holes
19:00 – Drinks/prize giving
The Shire London
St Albans Road
Tel: 0208 441 7649
For more information, please contact James Pendered firstname.lastname@example.org It’s a fun time and great cure for the market blues.