Suitable for anyone interested in and potentially affected by credit default risk in today’s shipping markets. You will learn how to:
• create an appropriate risk framework for your company, and set the risk parameters needed to successfully manage credit risk in a shipping context.
• evaluate where credit risk comes from; understand the origination of risk, credit assessment and how to measure the fluctuations in value of your credit risk exposures.
• understand the value of credit risk. Learn how to calculate the Probability of Default, any Loss Given Default, your Potential Future Exposures and how to use Credit Valuation Adjustments to manage a credit risk portfolio.
• build a credit risk portfolio and how to monitor credit risk in real time. You will also learn how to see your risk in perspective by applying forward data from the Baltic Exchange and others, to your risk exposures.
• mitigate your risk exposures; learn effective methods for minimizing, mitigating and dealing with credit risk to avoid outsize losses.