The University of Greenwich’s Department of Applied Engineering & Management is holding a one day symposium on Wednesday 31 August.
The symposium will focus on developments and interlinkages within the oil, finance and shipping industries, with particular emphasis on security issues and current trends in the global economy.
The symposium is calling for papers in the following areas:
- Oil and security
- Oil trading, ‘dark pools’ and illicit oil
- The impact of QE Quantitative Easing on the global oil and shipping markets
- Banking sector interlinkages with global oil and shipping
- Geopolitical risk management in oil and shipping
- Real option valuation in the oil and shipping sectors
- Oil and shipping financial derivatives
- Oil and shipping cyber security. Regulation and surveillance
- ‘Peak oil’ and sectoral business cycles in oil and shipping
- Global financial crime in the oil and shipping sectors
Please send a proposal of your paper or presentation as soon as possible, preferably by 14th July 2016 to: