The final event of the B.E.G.S. season is approaching, namely the combined Company Cup & Autumn meeting.
This is being held on Friday 2nd October 2015 at Moor Park G.C.
The Baltic Exchange Company Cup (now in its 10th year) is open to everyone.
The defending champions are Howe Robinson (pre merger), the rules/format for the Company Cup are very simple.
- 4-balls basis 2 man (or persons!) teams, competing over 1 round on the High course.
- Stableford scoring system, with the combined score counting to each 2 person team.
- Afterwards there will be an early 3 course dinner which will include prize giving (the winners will be the highest total team present at the dinner).
- Each team does not have to consist of employees from the same company, clients are welcomed.
- Teams can be two Principals from same company/office or different offices, or a Principal + broker or two brokers etc.
- There is no limit on the number of teams any one company wishes to enter, the more the merrier.
- Prize for nearest the pin, longest drive and a car for anyone scoring a hole-in-one at the 18th.
- Official handicap certificates are not required, but anyone playing off 20 or higher that does not have an official club handicap cannot score more than 36pts.
- This event can contribute as one of the sport’s for the overall David Bradley Cup winner.
In conjunction with the Company Cup, all BEGS members will be eligible for the Autumn meeting overall winner. Approximate cost should be around £95/head.
Anyone interested in registering for the Company Cup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be a first come first served basis.
Heathrow is about 35 minutes from the club and there are local hotels (Bedford Arms & Latimer Place) which are less than 10 minutes’ drive from the course, for anyone need to spend the night before or after the event.
These events, which will be very enjoyable and a great opportunity to network.