An opportunity to work at the heart of the global maritime industry at the Baltic Exchange’s subsidiary which operates Baltex, the central electronic trading venue for dry bulk freight derivatives (FFAs) whose members include leading FFA brokers, shipping companies, commodities trading houses and financial institutions.
As a member of the small London based team you would be involved in a range of activities, including:
- monitoring of trading activity on Baltex;
- providing technical support to Baltex members;
- helping to increase membership of Baltex;
- testing of new software releases;
- helping to develop the business to benefit from changes in the regulations governing derivatives markets.
Candidates are likely to be educated to degree level and must be highly motivated and highly numerate individuals. They should be capable of working to a very high standard of accuracy and should be fluent in English and have good written and oral communication skills. Previous experience of working in operations, derivatives or shipping would be helpful but is not essential.
Part-time employment will be considered for the right candidates.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.