Based in London as part of the Baltic Exchange’s renowned freight market team, we are seeking an additional colleague to work in the daily production of freight indices and to collect market information/fixtures. The role is a varied one which requires a deep understanding of the freight markets and good contacts.
The Baltic Exchange produces daily independent assessments of the freight markets covering a range of vessel types and routes. Baltic Exchange data is highly regarded as an independent and trusted benchmark around the world.
The successful candidate will probably be an experienced dry shipbroker, but applications from candidates with tanker market experience are welcome.
You will be expected to have:
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a competitive/in-house chartering broker or as a Principal
• An in depth knowledge of the dry bulk market (handysize to capesize sector)
• A large network of contacts with charterers, owners and shipbrokers
• Experience of the FFA market
• Excellent communication skills
• A team player attitude, be well organised and methodical with attention to detail
• Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
• Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Excel & Word
We offer a competitive salary package, pleasant working environment and career prospects.
Please reply in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full CV and covering letter.